Monday, July 29, 2013

Yay For The Mission!!


Dear Family,
 
How is everything going? How hot is it down there? It's actually been cooling off here the last couple of days so that's good.. and they're coming to put an AC in our apartment on Wednesday so that's really good!
 
Things here are awesome! I absolutely love my mission! And I probably say this every week, but I am so happy!!! I love being a missionary! This week Sister Vance and I had so many miracles and they came in ways we didn't even expect!
 
The other day, we went to go teach our investigator Rosalinda. She wasn't home, but her nephew was. He said we could teach him, so we did! Luckily, we had already had a member with us to come to our other lesson! (Miracle #1) So we taught him and right off the bat, our member talked about baptism and how excited she was that she just got baptized and she just wants to share her excitement with everyone because she is so happy! (Lupe is amazing!) Then he says, "oh wait, let me go get my Book of Mormon!" Turns out, he is a former investigator of the church and he is now ready to read and come to church and he is preparing to be baptized at the end of this month! It was not a coincidence we knocked on his door! He promised us he would come to church and read before we even invited him to! His name is Victor and he is so awesome! He is super prepared! That same night, we were going to teach one of our less active members. We had planned to do a "practice" with her and teach the restoration to her friend that she would pretend to be. As soon as we sat down and started asking about her friend, her son and his girlfriend walked in the door. She then told us that she was really interested in the church and that we should just teach her instead! So she sat down and we taught her about the restoration! She told us that she felt the Spirit so strong and she is ready to learn more! She is changing her work schedule so she can come to church! Our less active sister felt the Spirit in her home that night too, and I know that having an investigator taught in her home with help her get excited and bring a special spirit into her home. Please pray for our new investigators! They were super unexpected miracles, but I know they come because of obedience.
 
My new companion is an amazing example of obedience! She always helps me to make sure I'm obedient and she always says, "Ok, we have a lot of potential to reach our goals tomorrow, let's make sure we're exactly obedient so that we can see miracles!" And even if the day is a little rough, she says, "that's ok. the miracles will come later." Sister Vance has so much faith and she helps me to work harder and be a better missionary!
 
I love being a trainer! I am learning so much from Sister Vance every day! It isn't easy, but we are trying our best and I know the blessings will come.
 
Funny: This week when we were teaching Victor, we were reading the Restoration pamphlet with him. There is a little box that says something like "Revealed truths are lost when people reject the prophets." We asked him to read it and he did. Then he said, "Wow. Can I read that again? I liked that. In fact, I loved that!" So he read it again.. haha! That was his favorite part of the whole lesson! It was awesome.
 
Well, I don't have much time left, but I just want you all to know I love you! The Lord loves you too and He has so many blessings that He is waiting to give you! He is preparing the way for many miracles in your lives and in the lives of those around you. He is preparing your friends to hear the gospel! I can promise you all that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way to happiness! I know because I see people get happy as they change their lives and live the gospel. Why wouldn't we want that for our friends! The work is hastening! People are ready! And we cannot lose because God is on our side! I love you all and hope all is well! Thank you for your prayers, they are much needed :)
 
I'm praying for you!
Love, Hermana Lawrence
P.s. Substitute your name for the word "charity" in Moroni 7:45. So cool!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment