Monday, July 29, 2013

It's really hot here...


Family!!!
How is everyone?! How is life?
Everything here is amazing! I got my new companion on Wednesday! Her name is Sister Vance! She is from Canada and we are basically the same person! She is studying Elementary Education at BYU and she loves to sing! We have so much fun and we get along so well! We're already best friends! Today is Canada Day so we're celebrating for her. :) She is so sweet and an amazing missionary! She is a great example to me and I am learning so much from her!
The work is a little slow but we are finding like crazy! We just split our area in half, and we have one investigator in our "new" area. But we set up a bunch of return appointments for next week so that's good! This area has so much potential! The people here are amazing!
It's been super hot here, so it's kinda hard to find people during the day.. no one is outside and no one is at home. I don't know where they go, but there's no one. Also, people don't do anything when it's hot outside. They use it as an excuse not to be taught! We can't go teach them because "it'll be too hot". Tricky.. but at night it's a lot better. So if anyone has any finding ideas for the scorching hot afternoons, they would be much appreciated. :)
Our mission has a goal of getting 10 contacts, 3 lessons, and 1 baptismal invite every day. At a mission conference right before I got here, Elder Perry told our mission that if we contacted 10 people every day, our baptisms would double! And as we contact those 10 people every day, the lessons and the baptisms follow. So our goal as a companionship this week has been to get the 10 every day! The last three days we've gotten 9, 13. and 10! And out of those, 6 have turned into lessons we have for this week! The miracles are coming!
I love the people here! We have also been spending a lot of time visiting members of our branch this week! We'll stop by for about 10 minutes, see how they're doing and sing them a song. Music brings the Spirit so strong! And by the end of the song, the members can feel it! We're really starting to gain the members trust and I think it'll bring a lot of good things our way as we start to visit them more and as the branch starts to get more involved in missionary work! Pretty soon we'll be a ward!
My Spanish is awesome! The Lord is helping me so much as I've started to train! I didn't even realize it, but the day I started training, words came out so much easier! I feel like I'm fluent! I can start up a conversation with anyone and I can understand everything they say! It is such a blessing! Training is going great! I got a GPS, so we know where we're going! ha. And everything else is going really great too! My companion is training me! She's so great!
Because we have 9 missionaries in our branch, we don't eat at member's houses as much anymore which is really good. ha. I'm not feeling as fat. We switch off Elders and Sisters, so we only have dinner every other night with the members.
I did get to see Sister Palmer at transfers! She is so great! And she is going to be an amazing missionary! I hope that I will get to see her again before I leave!
Sad news.. Jesus didn't get baptized this week. The other Sisters were teaching him about honoring the law and it turns out he has two more years of probation from a DUI.. so he can't get baptized until it's over or until he goes to court and gets things straightened out. Since that lesson, the Sisters haven't been able to get a hold of him and he didn't come to church.. so we're a little bit worried about him. But I know the Lord does things in His own timing. Jesus knows it's true and he'll be baptized one day :) 
Well, I love you all and I hope everything is going well!!! You are all in my prayers! 

Love you! 
Hermana Lawrence 
Jacob 3:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment