Monday, April 29, 2013

2 weeks left.. Crazy!! #4

Dear family and friends!

I can't believe I have already been here for a month! There's only like 17 months of the mission left! Sad day! I feel like I've been here forever, but at the same time, I feel like I was just home and I'm so not prepared enough to go to ARGENTINA.. a different country!!!!! Crazy!!! No new news about the visa.. I think we'll probably get reassigned though. So we'll probably find out in about a week and a half where we will go. They are having a problem with visas in Peru as well! There are some elder's in our zone that are supposed to go to Peru this week, but they all got reassigned to...... VEGAS!!!!! Yay for Vegas! (except not the bad part) I hope I get reassigned there! That would be soooo cool!!!!

This week was so great! I feel more energized and more dedicated and focused every day! I feel like I learn so much every week that I want to take back what I said the week before! I was just a kid then! Well I still am.. but you know.

My companion and I get along great! One of the girls in our zone was telling us how it was hard for her to be with the same person 24/7 and how she really wishes she had some alone time. As she walked away, Sister Roberts said, "Man! That must be hard having to be with the same person all the time! I would get so sick of them!" We get along so well that it doesn't even seem weird to us! We don't even notice it! ha! So we've kinda given up on our 5 mile goal.. and I've gained like 5 pounds.. which is weird because I really don't eat more than I did at home.. Except when we go to breakfast at the temple. :) Today I had the best omlette AND the best waffle ever! It's a nice little break from the cafeteria food that gives our whole district bad gas... our teacher bought us some Febreeze.. haha. But GREAT NEWS!!!! I am officially 100.8 pounds! FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!! Yay for food!!!!

This week for Relief Society, the Second Counselor in the General Primary Presidency spoke to us! She is great! Then we watched the Testaments and we've been quoting Kohor all week! haha. You are a spektor from the Gods! We live off of Mormon Messages in the MTC and the other day we wanted to watch one as a class and we all cheered because they came out with a new one! ha! My favorite is called Mountains to Climb. I watched it 5 times in a row when I first saw it because I got done with our activity early.. sooo good! I love President Eyring.

This week we got two new investigators! We are teaching the Elder's in our district and acting as our friends! So we are teaching Elder Smith's friend "Jeremy", and Elder Dye's friend, "Nathan". Teaching is going so well!! Our investigator Jennifer wants to be baptized!!!! We got out of our lesson and hopped all the way down the hallway!! We were so excited!! I've realized that when the Spirit is really in a lesson, Spanish isn't even a problem! We had a lesson with Jessica and it was not going so well, but once we started baring our testimonies, the Spirit was there! And after the lesson, we realized that we didn't even think about Spanish at all at the end! Our testimonies flowed and we didn't even stop to correct ourselves or laugh at our mistakes.. It. Was. Awesome. I love the Spirit!

I've been studying in the Scriptures about the word "strength". And I've looked up every time it says the word "strength" or "strengthen". I've realized that every time it talks about strength, it never talks about the strength of a person, but the strength of the Lord! I've realized especially on a mission that I don't have any strength! I can't do anything without the Lord and His strength! And I want to do everything I can to have His strength! Because I NEED it! It's interesting that I started studying that because after I've been studying that, I read my Patriarchal blessing and the word strength is in it so much! But of course, not MY strength. :)

We got a new district last week and most of them are from Gilbert or Mesa! I didn't know any of them, but we know a lot of the same people! Cool huh!

I love you guys so much! I hope all is well! I'm praying for you alllll the time!!! Thank you for all the letters and love and support!!! Talk to you sooon!!!!

Love,
Hermana Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment