Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yay for being a Missionary!

April 21, 2014

I can honestly say that it is still exciting to get up and start a new day every day! I love being the Lord's servant and I will serve Him forever! 

This week was Easter! But Argentina doesn't focus on Easter as much as it does, the Semana Santa or Holy Week. Most everyone is Catholic so they focus a lot on the dark day of Friday.Friday there was literally no one out side. They don't eat meat all week, only fish, and then on Sunday they have a huge Asado to make up for all the meat they didn't eat in the Semana Santa. haha. Sunday didn't really feel like Easter at first. The talks in Sacrament meeting had nothing to do with Easter and no one even said Happy Easter.. Hermana Barney and I ate chocolate eggs and THEN when we went to our leaders meeting, the leaders had brought back packages and letters from the office, so I got my birthday package with the Easter Eggs in it!!!! Woohoo! Right on Easter! Thanks for making Easter feel like home! Also, I got the debit card, so now I can buy a jacket. ha. Thank you so much! 

This week was super great! Hermana Barney and I are working so hard! We found a ton of new investigators this week, left behind some that weren't progressing and had the baptism of Lourdes! She's 13 and super sweet! The baptism was beautiful and she had a lot of great support from the branch and her family! It was a great weekend! 

I'm so glad that you all had a great Easter! You all look so great and so big! Austin is HUGE! It's getting close to that day and I'm getting all the mixed emotions that come with dying on your mission. ha. Excited, sad, nervous, and overwhelmed. ha. But I know that when the time comes I will be ready. We are coming home more and more exhausted every night because we are giving it our all and we feel so great! 

I know the Lord is helping us in this great work! I feel His hand everyday in the miracles we see and the happiness we see in the people we teach. I love being a missionary and I love teaching the Gospel to everyone I see! I will be sad when it all ends, but right now I'm just loving life! 

The work keeps advancing, the Gospel is truer than ever, and Jesus Christ is my Savior! I know if I follow Him, I will be happy. He lives! For all of us! 

I love you all! 
Hermana Lawrence




No comments:

Post a Comment